Mission Statement & Values
To assist in the elimination of poverty for unemployed, disadvantaged people
within the south west inner city, by advancement to employment opportunities through education and training.
- To be recognized in community as the agency to deliver a Professional Quality Assured Employment Service
- To achieve a Sustainable Service delivery that is adaptable to changing local environment in which we operate through Strategic Planning, innovative approaches, and effective uses of Funding and Resources
- Possess a knowledge of the environment that influence the issues effecting local Jobseekers to offer a flexible service to maximize the outputs for service clients
- Put in place Structured and collaborative approach to working with service providers
- Effective Teamwork and Sharing of knowledge throughout the organization
- Develop culture of continuous improvement and professionalism with stakeholders
- To deliver tailor made access to a range of employment or progression-related opportunities
This commitment is reflected in our values of;
- Collaboration and Partnership
What we offer:
Free Services to Jobseekers
- Job Placement
- Professional one to one
- Employment Mediation Service
- Access to Training and Education
- CV Preparation
- Preparation for Interview
- Welfare to work Information
Free Services to Employers
- Free professional advertising and recruitment channel for employment vacancies
- Information on recruitment practices, employment incentives etc
- Skills matching for vacancy requirements
David Brown (Centre Manager)
Prior to taking over the position of Centre Manager with SWICLEC in 2015 David worked as an Employment Mediator with SWICLEC since the opening of the offices in 2007.
David had previously worked with long term unemployed people for over eight years. Prior to working as an employment mediator he worked in collaboration with the VEC facilitating IT courses for unemployed people and worked closely with employers to ensure the placement of graduates into sustainable employment. David Enjoys being part of a team who are working closely with local jobseekers providing support and guidance towards their individual goals and aspirations. David completed an adult Guidance counselling course in NUI Maynooth in 2008.
Margaret Collins ( Employment Mediator)
Margaret has worked in a community setting with the long term unemployed for over 18 years. She has worked as a Welfare Rights Information Officer and also an Employment Mediator providing support and guidance to long term unemployed people. Margaret holds a certificate in Adult Guidance from NUI Maynooth. Margaret is also a qualified IT tutor and holds a JEB diploma for teaching she has delivered FETAC foundation level computer courses to the long term unemployed. Margaret is also the internal Auditor for SWICLEC.
Lilian Bryant (Employment Mediator)
Lilian has worked with long term unemployed people for the past fifteen years both here and previously in Australia specialising in the area of disability & mental health by providing supported employment. Lilian also worked closely with employers and community groups to remove the barriers of entry to employment for the jobseeker. Lilian has studied Psychology, Mental Health Awareness, counselling & crisis prevention and has recently obtained an honours degree in Social Science.
Philip Hickey (Employment Mediator)
Philip has been working within a community setting providing Career Guidance and training to a variety of job seeking groups for over 16 years. Previously specialising in the area of information technology training and course development, he is a also a member of the British psychological society and he has also participated in a number of successful Government training initiatives aimed at supporting individuals to move closer to labour market opportunities achieving the highest placement result in Ireland for the Momentum programme. Philip enjoys designing and facilitating new and innovative training programmes and has additional experience in teaching soft skills to adults with disabilities.