South West Inner City Local Employment Centre Ltd. Privacy and General Data Protection Policy (GDPR)
South West Inner City Local Employment Centre Ltd is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations
SWICLEC is a data controller. This means that we are responsible for the keeping and use of personal information on computer and manual files. This carries serious legal responsibilities. These are laid out in the 8 principles of GDPR.
1 – Fair Obtaining and Processing
Clients must consent to the processing of data but there are exceptions where this rule can be breached. These include administration of justice, to prevent injury or other damage to the health of a data subject.
A full list of exceptions can be found in section 2A of the Employment Act
Fair processing of sensitive data
The above guidelines must be followed plus a list of further exemptions including:
Client has given explicit consent, to prevent injury to client, property or another party were the data controller cannot reasonably be expected to obtain consent.
When people are giving you information do the know the points outlined below. SWICLEC should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
• What information you will keep about them?
• For what purpose you keep and use it
• The people or bodies who have access to it
WALK IN CLIENT CONSENT FORM SIGNED BY CLIENT
2 – Specifying the Purpose
You can keep information only for specific, lawful and clearly stated purposes
SWICLEC will communicate and ensure the following:
• Specify the purpose for which you are collecting and storing personal information?
• Ensure that the purpose is lawful?
• Can make a precise statement of the purpose?
• Explain the purpose of collecting and storing of information to the client?
• Outline a list of the different sets of data which you keep and the specific purpose of each?
3 – Use and Future Processing of Personal Information
Your data will only be transferred to a third-party in order to fulfil the service provided by South West Inner City Local Employment Centre.
Examples of third parties with whom Personal Data would be shared:
• Department of Employment & Social Protection
• Statutory Training & Education Providers
• Private Training & Education Providers
• Labour Activation Programs i.e CE, TUS etc.
4 – Security of Personal Data
SWICLEC will ensure that “appropriate security” measures are in place against unauthorised access to data
• Access to PC’s and manual files is restricted to authorised staff only
• Is access to information on a “ need – to – know” in accordance with a defined policy i.e. confidentiality/customer charter
• All PC’s are password protected
• Staff use of Encryption email for transfer of sensitive data via email
• Daily IT back up system to server is in place
• Waste paper is disposed of securely with Shredding Company
• Access to DEASP IT systems is secure and restricted to authorised staff only with encryption passwords
5 – Accurate and up to Date Data
SWICLEC will ensure as best they can that all data should be accurate and as up to date as possible
• Best practice in computer procedures adequate to ensure high levels of accuracy and reduce the risk of human error
• Introduction of new IT procedures to ensure this (BOMI DEASP)
• Communication between staff and clients to ensure data is updated constantly
6 – Adequate, Relevant and Not Excessive
SWICLEC will only collect and store personal data that is required to carry out the contract with clients to enable us to provide a professional Employment Service. Data that is not relevant to the provision of this service will not be requested.
7 – Retention of Personal Data
Data will not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose of the requirement of the data for a specific purpose and is outlined in SWICLC’s Data retention table. Once Data is no longer required for any purpose it will securely erased form SWICLEC records bot hard copies and electronic files.
8 – Access to Personal Data
Clients may at any stage during or after their engagement with SWICLEC request any personal information that SWICLEC has belong to them. This done via submission of a Data Access Request form which can be requested in writing to Data Compliance Officer, South West Inner City Local Employment Centre Ltd. Digital Court, Thomas Court, Rainsford Street, Dublin 8 and the access request form will be sent to the client via post.
Once the fully completed Access Request Form, proof of identity and address SWICLEC will within the statutory period of forty (40) days.
If a client is not satisfied with the outcome of their access request they are entitled to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner who may investigate the matter further. The client has the right to have inaccurate information rectified or erased.
The client has the right to have inaccurate information rectified or erased.
Please contact the data protection officer by email email@example.com, by phone +353 1 5111260, or by mail at Swiclec, Digital Court, Thomas Court, Rainsford Street, Dublin 8, Ireland